5-Week Men's Groups Please contact me to learn more or register.
There’s an essential clarity and aliveness men draw from each other when we come together to take an honest look at at their lives. These Men’s Groups provide a safe, structured space to explore and grow through the challenges we face in areas like relationships, work, parenting, spirituality, and our sense of purpose, and fulfillment. We will engage in practices that empower you to face yourself and your life with more awareness, power, and heart.
I am passionate about learning what it means to be a mature and integrated man in today’s world, and I love supporting other men who want to do the same, both individually and in groups.
Since ancient times, men have gathered together to draw strength and support from each other. In our modern world, many men have not been taught how to embody masculine energy in a way that supports their deepest purpose and values in life. Men’s work is an opportunity to explore, in the company of other men what it means to be a mature man today.
Many men today identify with a narrow and limited vision of masculinity. Some men have learned from society and their role models that being a man means always maintaining a strong, tough, and stoic stance. A man stuck in this rigid model of manhood may have lost touch with his capacity to feel and share his heart, to be vulnerable and humble, gentle and sensitive. Without being in touch with these qualities it is difficult to genuinely give and receive love, to be intimate with others, and thus to have satisfying relationships. When men are cut off from their own and others’ love they may find themselves depressed, bored, or struggling with addiction.
Other men have been so wounded by the misuse of masculine power that they have disowned their own power by adopting a perpetually sensitive, accommodating, and passive stance. Cut-off from the power of his own life-force, a man caught in this pattern may feel depressed, depleted, and generally unable to direct the course of his life with purpose and passion. He may also struggle to set boundaries, to take responsibility for his life, and to know what is most important to him.
An integrated, mature man is able to connect with his masculine power and his masculine heart. When we have access to both our strength and our vulnerability as men, we bring a uniquely masculine medicine to the world: a vitality and strength that is infused with consciousness and love.
Of course, every man is more complex than any formula, but this framework can help us recognize and work with some of the common challenges men today face. While my approach to men’s work incorporates certain models of healthy masculinity, it is also guided by the belief that our deepest identity as men is beyond any ideas or beliefs we or society hold about manhood.
The Men's Groups I facilitate are guided by these Principles and Practices:
1. Trust & Safety: We build a container to allow the deeper self to emerge.
2. Movement & Energy Management: We use various embodiment practices from yoga and other disciplines to help us stay in touch with the vitality and wisdom within our bodies.
3. Reflections & Feedback: We value each other as "sacred mirrors" with the capacity to show us ourselves in a new light. We give and receive reflections and feedback often, striving for compassion and honesty in our communication.
4. Resting in focused presence – We take advantage of the opportunity to imbibe the essential masculine nutrients of silence and spaciousness.
5. Ritual & Ceremony: At times, we will deliberately and consciously step outside of our "ordinary consciousness" and co-create ritual and ceremony that helps us access deeper parts of who we are. We use whatever tools and techniques support the men who are present (e.g. drumming, chanting, dancing, fire-rituals, prayer, and song). Groups may decide to gather outside normal meeting times for a set-apart ritual.
Create your own unique website with customizable templates.